Daily Full Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ITJeff, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITJeff

ITJeff Registered Member

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to schedule True Image to do a full image back up every day (that's the easy part) but NOT write over the previous images every time. I want to be able to accumulate those images on a daily basis with the ability to do a full recovery if any one of the previous files gets corrupted. I know that I could do incremental back-ups but if even one of the incremental files gets corrupted my back up is no good any more, at least that's how I think it works.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Jeff

2. Mem

Mem Registered Member

How many images do you need to store? If it is something like seven days worth, set up 7 schedules saving the image as the name of the day - ie, monday.tib, tuesday.tib, etc. Then they will overwrite each week but you will have seven days of images on the drive and named by the day they were done.

3. ITJeff

ITJeff Registered Member

The system I am trying to work out is using 5 removable drives, one for each day of the work week. Each day I want a full back up performed onto the removable drive. I will store as many of these images as I can until each drive becomes full, at that point I will delete the oldest of the images to allow backups to continue. So with this I could not setup one schedule for each day of the week because once I started at the beginning of my drive rotation again I would start losing images.

4. ITJeff

ITJeff Registered Member

After searching for a while and finding no answers I have decided to just write a program to take care of everything I need and run TrueImage from the command line. Much easier this way. Thanks.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Acronis needs you on their team. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.