Daily "C" Scan problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by screamer, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I have NOD32 installed on 4 machines. After doing a clean XP re-install on one, I can't seem to get a scheduled scan to start. The other three machines are fine as are the other apps I have set up to auto-run: ewido, GBM, ATI & FD-ISR.

Here's my setup:

1) Add Scheduled Task
    2) NOD32 Kernel - Exec of an external app
    3) Enter Task Name |Daily C Scan|
    4) Run the Task : Daily
    5) Run the Task at : 1:45
    6) Run task immediately... 400hrs
    7) Show dialogue for spec options is checked |Finish|
    :cool: Run external app : C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32.exe
    9) Command Line : C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+
    /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+ /exclude=$ISR /quit+
    10) OK
    11) Run Now

It does, but it doesn't run at sched time o_O 1:45 comes and goes and not a peep from NOD32

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2006
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

The task scheduler is probably working fine. It knows you have test run it and would wait until tomorrow before it thinks it need to launch a scan.

ie. Based on the set schedule, has this task been run since the last time it ought to have? If yes then wait till the next scheduled time and check again, if no then go ahead and execute the task.

Cheers :)

3. screamer

Yeah, since it didn't run correctly last night / this morning I ran through the settings again today, also completeing a |Run Now|

If it doesn't auto-run tomorrow morning, what will manually excuting the task accomplish?

4. NOD32 user

If you have run it manually in between scheduled times with 'run now' then next time it comes up via schedule it gets skipped (it's been run already since it's last scheduled time), so if it fails to run in the morning it's possibly just because you have manually run it. You would have to wait until the next occurence after that to see if it runs properly on it's own... and without running it again in the mean time :)

5. screamer

Thanks NOD32 User :)

6. NOD32 user

No worries - let us know how it goes :)

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.