D/load 26/6 Trial Expires TODAY!??!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Old Monk, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi guys

What gives?

Downloaded trial 26/6 and asked a few questions here over the last few days.

Booted 10 mins ago and Ewido says I've got 10 days trial left. Tinkered with something on another program - Restarted and my trial period has expired o_O No more Guard

Anyone got any ideas? Especially you guys at Ewido ;)

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Uh that is really strange :eek: o_O :doubt:

I'll take a look if I can do something for you :(

Regards,

Vinzenz

3. DaDude

DaDude Registered Member

Any Chance you or something changed the settings for the windows clock

4. Old Monk

Dadude

Looking now - nope 11/7/2006 alright - Alll I did between restarts was uncheck Bit Defender from loading at start up (answering my own question from another thread :oops: )

Thanks Vinzenz

5. Old Monk

Vinzenz

Now even stranger I'm afraid o_O

Opened Ewido - changed Guard to active ( not expecting much to happen) and bingo Guard is reactivated and it says I have 10 days left on trial again.

Rebooted and Ewido not in my system tray now. Opened manually and Guard goes active and 10 day trial is confirmed.

Rebooted again and Start with Windows is unchecked ( I think you're addressing this issue in another thread if I'm not mistaken)

Very strange and a bit disconcerting - seems Ewido is a little flaky on my machine. Any more thoughts?

By the way, I definitely got a pop-up advising that trial had expired - not an assumption that it had expired as Guard was inactive

6. Suggers

Suggers Guest

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago:

I downloaded 30 day free trial, but on the first day of download it only showed 19 days remaining, so after posting on here, I was advised to contact Ewido technical support - I did, in the reply email I was told to uninstall fully and reinstall.

Unfortunately after uninstalling I can now only download the free version with no trial on this particular computer! (probably to stop people abusing the 30 day limit.

I then contacted ewido technical support again telling them about this (expecting them to give me a free 30 day trial KEY to input) but they dont provide one. So my free 30 days actually turned out to be about 2 days. I would be very careful if you are advised to uninstall, because like me, you'll probably lose the free trial completely. :thumbd: :(

7. Old Monk

Thanks Suggers

As I recall I think my trial period started at about 21-23 days or something like that. No major deal a few days, as I had Ewido free V3 for some time and liked it as an on-demand scanner.

I'm trying to reduce somewhat the number of security apps that I'm using and V4 will plug a gap and enable that scenario I believe.

It does seem a bit glitchy at present but I can't work out whether that's Ewido itself or conflicts with my current set up.

I'll await response from Vinzenz or the other Ewido team on this trial period problem but I take your point as to the re-install problem you experienced.

You can't make a decision to purchase after a 2 day trial :(

However, I have faith in Wilders in providing forums for very good software and from my response from Ewido so far, no reason to think other than they are keen to resolve the questions of a potential purchaser.

Appreciate your input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.