D-Link

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by btman, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

Trying to port forward something currently with my D-Link WBR 1310 Router... But when I type 192.168.0.1 I get a 500 internal service error... On both IE and Opera... Is it D-Links problem or my own?

I had been putting some services on manual and disabling some... with services.msc... So are there any services I should check to see that are on?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Are you using D Link as your DHCP server or are you on static IP? Make sure if you are static, you have your IP typed in Windows networking tab, also try 192.168.1.1 as your router's address.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm using a static IP.

All my pages work... Not sure what you meant by make sure you have your IP typed in in the Windows network tab...

192.168.1.1 didn't work

4. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Hi, I don't know abt 500 internal service errors.....but are your browsers using "direct connection" or a proxy?

If you're using proxy, did you remember to set exceptions for 192.168.0.1 (to bypass proxy for that address)?

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Good point Yeow, btman, if you are using static address, I am sure you have then typed in the Windows>network>tcpip options.

6. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Sorry for any confusion, I just meant the browsers' proxy settings found under network/connection tabs. Eg for IE & Firefox (I don't have Opera):

Attached Files:

7. btman

btman Registered Member

Kaspersky "Use Proxy Server" checked... So I guess I'm using one xD

Is there another way to tell?

And how would I input it in Opera?

Plus I used to be able to go to 192.168.0.1 with my static IP address...

It's been a while since I've had to need to do it...

Now I can't.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  8. yeow

yeow Registered Member

I don't have Kaspersky, but I'm guessing that setting only applies to Kaspersky updating itself & not to your IE or Opera.

For IE, see my first pic above - try adding 192.168.0.1 into the highlighted box.

(I added 10.0.0.*;192.168.0.*;192.168.1.* instead only because I have other things on my LAN).

9. btman

btman Registered Member

I can't find a screen that looks like that with IE7 ... Sorry :ouch:

But like I said... I used to be able to do this.. With my Static IP... I haven't changed much things since then. I've contacted D-Link so hopefully they can assist me with this too.

10. yeow

yeow Registered Member

For IE7, it's at:

Tools - Internet Options - Connections tab - LAN settings - Advanced**

** Or alternatively, you can try un-ticking "Use a Proxy Server for your LAN..." to disable using proxy server (equivalent to using Direct Connection in Firefox)

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Its not checked in the first place.

12. yeow

yeow Registered Member

OK, then its nothing to do with browser proxy server settings.
    Other than taking a closer look at the Kaspersky setting you mentioned, I have no other suggestions sorry.

13. Arup

Arup Guest

I remember this exact thing happening with my DLink router and I had to reset it with the switch on the back of the router to get things back to normal, mind you, resetting puts the router back in default DHCP mode and you loose all the rules you made plus your connection settings.

14. btman

btman Registered Member

I'll wait for an email from D-Link before I reset it..... I should have probably written my rules down somewhere :D

15. yeow

yeow Registered Member

FYI, check if you have the feature* to save router settings (as a file to your pc). Makes it much easier to restore settings after a reset.

*very likely to have, since I've the cheapest D-Link router & it has that (e.g. Tools - System - Backup Setting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.