D-Link Help Please ~dog~

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dog, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

Well, I finally connected the D-Link Router (DI-604) I bought a while ago :rolleyes: ... and I do mean a while ago. Anyway on to my Question. :)

While running various Firewall Port Scanners I get some "Closed" results instead of "Stealth" result. Which I'm use to when I was running only a Software Firewall.

What do I need to do to fix these results?

TIA, ;)

Steve

EDIT - I fixed the PING issue ... :) and the corrected several results ... but 113 from GRC & SOS and 80 from SOS remain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi dog,

If your router's admin control panel does not have a feature to stealth port 113 (which is the case with mine), you can use port forwarding to route requests to port 113 to a non-existent IP behind your router. Stealthed it for me at GRC and others.

Nick

4. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Ron & Nick. ;)

Nick could you please explain a little more ... I've only had the router installed for about 2 hrs ... and I'm unsure about all it's in and outs.

TIA, ;)

Steve

PS. I DL'd the firmware update ... but haven't installed it yet.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This applies to Linksys. Your router should have similar software. The port fowarding area will explain how to forward your addresses.

http://www.2kevin.net/router.html

6. dog

dog Guest

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi dog,

A word of caution: don't install the firmware until you read through the threads at ronjor's first link. Look for known issues with the current firmware versions (and work-arounds when something goes wrong). My rule for updating router firmware is if it's not broken, don't rush to update it.

Nick

8. dog

dog Guest

Opps ... To Late ... I already updated from 3.38 to 3.51 ... Everythings OK so far, PAWS crossed :D

Thanks again for your help Guys (Ron & Nick)

I appreciate it ... 10 KC Cookies Each.

Steve

9. Cyber Surfer

Cyber Surfer Registered Member

10. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Cyber Surfer ;)

I've already got the issue sorted by using the suggested port forwarding to an unused network address ... I had checked their KB, but didn't happen apon that second link ... it's good to have another option. ;)

Thanks

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.