Cypherix's Cryptainer? How secure is it?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Anderson2, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of Cypherix's Cryptainer www.cypherix.com ?

It uses Blowfish to encrypt within XP, but how secure is it really?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Anderson2, I have moved your thread to here as your question is not a CryptoSuite support question and you may get a better response here: :)

Pilii

3. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

Thank you.

4. deaddybear

deaddybear Lurker

It's very secure. Blowfish is still used by many banks, for instance, and they are not going to f..ck around with security. Cryptainer also happens to have a good reputation in the encryption community - and it's a very small world.
    The quesion is - what do you need it for? If it's just a psychological thing - get cryptainer le - it's free and the best among the non commercial entryption solutions. If your business depends on it, get the real version Cryptainer PE. That's what I have and it never failed me. Support at Cypherix is also quite good - they answer e-mails in 20 minutes during business days.
    It's expensive, but if you use price comapison engines (Froogle, PriceGrabber, Shopping.Com), you'll find discounts, like this one
    <snip>

edited to remove advertisement - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  5. memory dude

memory dude Guest

It is CLOSED SOURCE encryption software. They use an accepted algorithm, but that's not what I mean. Was in implemented correctly? Who knows? The program itself is CLOSED SOURCE. As for it being respected by the encryption community, there is absolutely ZERO evidence for that. In fact, I know of no closed-source products that are actually "respected" by the crypto community.
    Better choice: TRUECRYPT http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.