Cyclic backup question (agin)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pomonabill221, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pomonabill221

pomonabill221 Registered Member

Hello;
    I bought B&R10 Home because of the cyclic backup feature, and it does SORT OF what I wanted.
    Yes, it does make an initial full backup and then diff backups (specified by the number of backups to keep, providing the size parameter is not exceeded).
    BUT...
    1) The number of backups to keep number INCLUDES the initial backup AND the diff backups... NOT just the diff backups....
    soooo..
    If the number is set to 2, the initial backup (in the HOLD folder) is kept and ONLY one of the diff backups NOT two diff backups like the documentation states...
    NOT a real big problem for me... just a FYI
    2) The initial full backup is NOT "refreshed" or deleted and a new one created in it's place, so the diff backup can start over again.
    If the diff backups are allowed to be created, they can become LARGER than the initial full backup over time!
    From what I have read, I have to manually delete the file so the script will be forced to recreate a new full backup.
    The only way around this is to manually create a "custom" cyclic backup that overwrites but does NOT create a new file name, for a new full backup.
    There is a tutorial and several posts on how do to this that Paragon Tony has posted and it is very good on how to create your own.
    I just wish that the cyclic backup option did this automatically as this is a BIG feature that I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.