'Cyborg' allegedly attacked over camera implants

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

'Cyborg' allegedly attacked over camera implants (2 web pages).

-- Tom

2. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

3. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

The camera issue is going to be a big can of worms. Arguments saying that it's no different than memory don't hold up. You can't share or send copies of memories. You can't enhance and dissect mental pictures. IMO, wearable technology leads to a world we really don't need and would be better off without.

4. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

I generally agree, although that is because I know little about the 'medical' reasons hinted at in the articles which suggest the technology is required by some.

Still no justification for assault and damage to property though; hope he finds justice.

5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

No, it's not justification for assault. I'd be interested to know more about this "medical condition" as well. Unfortunately, when the equipment makes someone look like a walking piece of spyware, undesired reactions are going to happen. If someone turned up at my door wearing that gear, I'd confront them as well. It's a lot like using a hearing aid for eavesdropping. Easy to do but hard to prove.

The direction technology is going, especially in regards to wearable computing makes me glad I'm not young. I really don't want to see the world this leads to.

6. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Well, unless you are 70 or 80, you might be out of luck, considering the speed of the changes - you might still live enough to see it :)

7. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

From what I've read, his only "medical condition" is having the hardware screwed into his skull. He was in the news a few years ago, when some of the attachments became infected.

Cellphones are just as dangerous, I think.

As the technology matures, it will become less obtrusive, and easier to hide. That's certainly happened with hearing aids, over the last few decades.

Consider quadriplegics who are deaf and blind, and who have exoskeletons and sensory implants. Should it be legal to discriminate against them? How about old people with similar hardware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.