Cyberspies have penetrated U.S. electrical grid

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by true north, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I saw that not more than 20 minutes ago, and yeah it is a little nerve racking. Par for the course though in the intelligence and espionage field though. I love how it's admitted that the government knew of the vulnerability for years but didn't bother doing anything about it. Par for the course in beauracracy.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Another article written to scare the people and to convince them they need to give up more rights, or to pay more money to feel warm, fuzzy and secure... :thumbd: A paragraph from the article seems to suggest exactly this: "Last week, Senate Democrats introduced a proposal that would require all critical infrastructure companies to meet new cybersecurity standards and grant the president emergency powers over control of the grid systems and other infrastructure."

4. fce

fce Registered Member

If Hackers can penetrate US Electric Grid, we're wasting money on security suite (?)

just watch CNN news re: Hackers penetrate grid.

I wonder how can this Security suite or Top Firewall security software in the market today can protect ordinary Joe with this kind of Hackers....maybe the security suite that we paid is a protection for ordinary hackers only.

Happy Eastern! :)

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Re: If Hackers can penetrate US Electric Grid, we're wasting money on security suite (?)

Invent a covert fiber optic communication network that can only be accessed by group agreement and hope their honest :cautious:

6. Tu123

Tu123 Guest

Re: If Hackers can penetrate US Electric Grid, we're wasting money on security suite (?)

I highly doubt hackers with the ability to penetrate the grid will be interested in hacking into your home PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.