Cyberscrub AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NAMOR, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Looks interesting quote from there FAQ " CyberScrub AntiVirus is powered by Kaspersky Lab. This means we utilize what is considered to be among the world’s most effective and secure technology."
    They also offer 5 yrs subscription for $49 . They have a a free firewall with this package (kerio) wonder if its the v2 or V4
    It is the KAVLITE http://www.cyberscrub.com/antivirus/screenshots.php http://www.cyberscrub.com/antivirus/overview.php
    The Kav Lite is excellent Virus/trojan/wormz and malware protection and has the same downloads as the KAV 5 and Kav pro .( my all time personal favourite) Its a lot easier to use and very cost effective way of all round protection for those who want to apply such simply without making a career of it. Its also cheaper than the KAV lite which was sold for $18 per year till Kav labs dropped it a few months back I wondered where it had gone too .
    Albeit it appears the best deal for Kav personal $ and cents is still the single engine AVK at boomerang for $9

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Cyber what...? Screw it...

The front page chick is hot! :eek: :eek:

tECHNODROME

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

She is pretty cute

5. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I looked at the product site and I noticed that they did not boast about one feature most of us take for granted in an AV product--real time e-mail scanning. I would think that if they had it they'd mention it. Anyone know for sure?

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

haha!

7. My local WalMart sells "Defender Pro AV" for $10... It looks like a repakcaged KAV Lite... Same interface at Cyberscrub AV.. It looks to me like KAV licensed KAV Lite to outside companies...

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Social engineering :p ;)

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Original price may seem attractive over the 5 year period but it is likely to cover only malware definitions. Kaspersky have dropped KAV Lite from their product range so it is unlikely that they will update the engine/program over the next 5 years.

In addition, how many of us are sure we are going to stay with our present AV for that time period? Overall, therefore, I think it is quite expensive when compared to other AV offers.

Annual $10 licenses would have been a much better choice. But you can see why any commercial company would offer the more expensive option.

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Or perhaps KAV Lite has now become Kaspersky's out-lease version. Thus, other AV outfits using the KAV Lite engine won't be going head-to-head against the biiig KAV. Who knows what Kaspersky has in mind? Not me.

Some of the other AVs charge around $40 for just the first year's license. Even if you use Cyberscrub for only {say} 2 years, it's still a pretty doggone good deal, wot?

11. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

The Kav lite is real good . Some continued using the 4.0.7.0 well after the 4.5 was released due to better options and may still be doing so. (ie Franj / tinribs / ). Although KL have stopped Lite for "political" reasons as Igor says , It would be interesting to see if they are going to upgrade the engine still . I emailed cyberscrub to ask them about this question 4 days ago , but as yet they havent replied . ( It seems the way with a lot of companies they are real slow to respond ....if at al lately) The 4.0.7.0 could be used as an on demand scanner where as the 4.5 could not . Thats only draw back with the Kav Lite
    version. It would be interesting to see if the Cyberscrub version is diffirent in that it could be used as such . Let you know if they reply.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.