Cyberlink Disk imaging tool...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Similar to Nero suites.

3. napoleon1815

Is the Nero suite any good? Not sure if you've used it.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The Nero backup program, BackItUp, has been separated from the suite and is now a stand-alone program ($30). I haven´t used it recently. I tried to install v. 11 but the installation hanged.

The classic burning program, Nero Burning ROM (which I have used for years), is also a stand-alone program again ($50).

In the CyberLink suite ($70), the backup functions are integrated with the burning functions. It seems that the program can only backup to optical disks and is much more limited than Nero´s as a backup tool. I haven´t used it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  5. napoleon1815

Only to optical disk? Ugh...didn't know that. I am pretty sure their imaging tool is what came with my HP desktop (I use to get prompted constantly to create CD images of my machine and it was an HP-branded Cyberlink tool). Thanks for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.