Cyberhawk

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GES/POR, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

2. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

I think it's been there quite some time already, just a few days after PC Tools acquired Cyberhawk...

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Doesn't seem to be too many problems posted in the forum, but to any any Cyberhawk users here at Wilders. Does the latest version run ok with no PC slow downs, and have there been any conflicts with other security programs you run? Thanks.

4. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

I'm running it now and it has been smooth for me. No slow-down or conflicts with my other apps whatsoever.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, do you care to divulge your defense lineups? thanks.

6. duke1959

I have read of people using Comodo Pro FW and AOL AVS with Cyberhawk without any conflicts.

7. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

F-Prot, Kerio 2.1.5 and CH

8. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Nod 32
    Windows XP Firewall
    Cyberhawk

No slowdown here. For a short period of time I ran this setup with SSM and DSA, and there were no slowdown.

I will keep Cyberhawk Free, and probably add DSA soon.

9. duke1959

Anyone using Cyberhawk with a-squared Anti-Malware in RealTime?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  10. duke1959

I have Prevx 2 running with a-squared now, but I would like to try Cyberhawk instead of Prevx just to see how it goes.

11. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I was using it with DSA but got userinit crashes on startup. Not sure if it was a problem with DSA but I ditched it for now.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Prevx just didnt cut it for me. Cyberhawk has done great and I took advantage of the special deal right now of $34.00 for 3 computers.

13. duke1959

trjam, I think Cyberhawk and Avira makes a very good combo. I like CH as a more set and forget extra security program. What else do you run?

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have what I feel is the perfect suite. Aviras Suite, Cyberhawk Pro and Sandboxie. I also have AVGAS free. My computers are fast and very well protected. I think I will leave them well enough alone now.

Cyberhawk has a good deal right now for the Pro version for 3 computers.

15. duke1959

I have a 1 year license for CH Pro since I use Privacy Guard by PC Tools, which i also received a free license for. My Suite is simply a Wireless Router Firewall, AVG Pro, Windows Firewall, a-squared Anti-malware, and currently Prevx2. I am however beginning to lean towards Cyberhawk instead of Prevx, so I appreciate your input.

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

My 2 cents worth: I am running CyberHawk Pro with NOD32, Ad Muncher, Comodo 2.4 firewall and a Netopia NAT router with built in firewall. Everything seems to go fine, even when I run SuperAntiSpyware in real time.

17. duke1959

Thanks everyone. I'm going to uninstall Prevx 2 and try Cyberhawk Pro with a-sqaured Anti-Malware. I'm going to enable a-squared's IDS with CH running after I install it, and will post back to report how every things running.

18. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

In an October 2006 test by AV Comparatives testing of Malware Prevention Systems KIS 6 missed zero samples while Cyberhawk missed one and PrevX 5. The other 6 applications also missed none.

That causes me to wonder about the worth of such applications. While I desire first class security, I am not convinced that either of those applications really add to the security if one has KIS or something similar.
    What experiences or tests indicate that they really do anything alongside a good AV?

Regards,
    Jerry

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's also a question of how annoying it is when running clean applications.
    Cyberhawk is VERY forgiving in that field. I'm not sure if others are following the same path. Sure it sometimes ask you about suspicious activities but other 95% of the time it just analyzes all the stuff thats going on on your PC, doing it's magic in the background. Sure it misses stuff like any other (including competition in the test, test set is way too small to be seriously realistic) but it's not anyoing at the same time. A very important factor!

20. aigle

aigle Registered Member

CH is a nice application. It,s very difficult to make a good beahav blocker due to isues with false positives and false negatives. I will improve more I hope.

21. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I'm using it here with Nod32 and I really like it. Most important for me is that it doesn't annoy me at all with any popups about normal stuff that I don't care about anyway. I'd rather do with slightly less protection if I can get a HIPS that doesn't bother me. So far it seems nice in that regard.. I think there is a beta in the works now too, so an update is probably coming before too long...

22. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

People say they like CH because it has few pop-ups. To be a bit ridiculous, I could rename notepad.exe as "SuperHIPS" and it wouldn't bother anyone with pop-ups or false-positives, either.

My point is -- CH did very poorly on NicM's recent tests, and it's been a long time since anyone else tested CH so -- yes, CH is easy to use BUT what is it actually doing, I wonder?

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I did see the test results, and they were disappointing, however, a brief look at the CyberHawk forum showed me some posts relating to those tests and that they were working on a beta which would allow CH to pass those tests. Thats fine, but I am really not all that impressed with passing each and every test done out there. I guess I'm just looking for some general behavior analysis and monitoring in hopes that Nod32 and CH together will perhaps catch most of what I might encounter here (which is probably not much anyway).. My ultimate weapon is simple: a nice trusty image. :)

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: What actually CH is doing? It is a performance enhancer for your AV according to CH's web site, front page chart. Amazing , isn't it ?

25. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It's pretty unclear what a lot of these programs are doing nowadays, I must admit.. And sometimes the web sites tell you very little. I have no real idea of what CH is doing, but have to trust blindly that it's analysing "behavior", looking for anything suspicious I guess..

I will run it for now, while I wait for ProSecurity 1.4 to become final. Then I will probably move to PS as it's possible to set up with very few alerts and annoyances, and I think PS will give me better protection also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.