Cyberhawk tries to terminate Outpost

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Just like the title says. On system start-up I get a pop-up from Outpost self protection that Cyberhawk is trying to terminate Outpost. I have Outpost.exe included in Trusted Processes. Any other ideas\suggestions?

2. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

Haven't used Outpost recently, but Cyberhawk has been trying to modify Task Manager (memorywise, I think) on my box and I wonder if this is necessary. There may be a legitimate explanation but I've blocked it from doing so just in case as it doesn't make sense to me. Cyberhawk is a lovely program and I really like it. At the weekend I did a general clean-up and got rid of some of the pre-installed junk that came with my computer. When it came to deleting MSN, Cyberhawk was in like a shot to warn me the MSN was intent upon replicating itself in 'multi-locations' on my PC. I was so glad I had Cyberhawk but sometimes I think, what with FP's and phony keylogging alerts (had a few with the last vesion) that it's still a work in progress and needs to develope still further.

3. ThunderZ

My problem is I am between a bit of a rock and a hard place. Just loaded XP64 on my box. It is quit snappy since it recognizes all 4 gig of ram I have installed and takes full advantage of my AMD 64 x2 processor. The downside is I am limited in real time security apps. I can use. Outpost and Cyberhawk are not my first choices, just not aware of any others at this time.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi ThunderZ,
    If you want a AV then avast is your first stop for 64bit antivirus.
    i dont know much other 64bit software thou.
    its nice to see your trying out your 64bit windows.
    lodore

5. ThunderZ

Hey Lodore. :D Thanks for the suggestion, but Nod is running just fine on XP64, as well as most of the other apps. I normally use. Seems security apps. (as well as some drivers) are a bit different when it comes to their interaction with the OS. Luckily Firefox and NoScript as well as the 64 bit version of Sandboxie run fine so I feel fairly secure. Just all part of the learning curve I guess. :D

6. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

Hello ThunderZ,
    I do not think Cyberhawk is actually trying to shut down Outpost. There should be a link on the pop up alert to allow adding the program to the exclusion list. Defragment and other tools can also trigger an alert when they attempt access on the files.

7. ThunderZ

You are right about the link. Being new to Cyberhawk I am still in a learning curve with it. :oops: Have a big d\l going on right now but as soon as it is done I will re-boot my tower and see if it happens again. Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think CH tried to monitor/ read OutPost and u get this pop up alert. I have seens/ read about this type of termination alert from PG when other security software, AntiHook and SpywareDoctor, tried to monitor some processes.

I will not worry about this. There is known problem between CH and OutPost BTW.

9. ThunderZ

Thanks Aigle. Guess I will have to live with it for now. Not many real time protection options for 64 bit. :(

10. screamer

screamer Registered Member

ThunderZ, In the lower left hand corner of the warning you can check a box[] that says "Do not report this Alert".
    Since you know CH is not trying to terminate, only check / read. Checking this box may reduce the anxiety of seeing the pop-up.

I get the pop-up w/ Ultimate DeFrag. I know it's not trying to terminate OutPost. I just eliminated the pop-up occurance.

...screamer

11. ThunderZ

Thanks Screamer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.