cyberhawk questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by theshadow247, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i have had cyberhawk installed for about three houres and i havn't see eny activity at all from c.h.is there a test or a way to test if its working properly.c.h log seems to be working but after surfing and installing a program nothing....

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

3. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

i downloaded the test file.and ran the test.there was a folder put on my desktop named stoled files and after the test it was still empty other than that.no popup's no suspicious activities detected in the log...

i also have comod installed with the app behavior analysis enabled i don't know if this effects enything or not..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: ditto here. Firstly, the link was alerted by BlackIce PC protection as a hacker link. Secondly, after the test run, folder which was to list test results, appearing blank, yes, blank, pure as snow white. What does this lead to? Passed or failed ? Or the test is just a joke?:isay:

5. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

This test is actually very misleading and is not at all a good way to test Cyberhawk (or any other security apps??). I have asked our Chief Threat Analyst to post further details as to why this is, but basically the test does not perform any actual malicious actions. Cyberhawk will not alert you to any malicious activity because there isn't any malicious activity happening on the system.

Stay tuned for further details...

Becky Dubrow

6. juckjones

juckjones Registered Member

Hi Becky!

Is it normal for CH to conduct survey tests on several occasions? I've had 2 surveys so far. Will I be expecting some more?

Another thing: after an update, why does CH need to seek permission to access the internet when I've already previously allowed my firewall to let it so.

7. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

Hi juckjones--

You shouldn't see any more survey prompts for some time as we only have one active survey now. This is a fairly basic demographic survey that we ask users to take after two weeks of using Cyberhawk. You probably saw two surveys because the earlier version of Cyberhawk had a slightly different survey associated with it. We do anticipate further surveys (on such topics as desired features, feedback on the software, etc.), but they'll always be entirely optional and you can even choose to opt out of seeing the requests to take the survey at a certain point.

Regarding your firewall permission question, I believe you're referencing the firewall's behavior not Cyberhawk's. Your firewall is probably just seeing a different version of Cyberhawk due to the update and it just wants to confirm that you still wish to allow it access. Once it's confirmed again, you shouldn't see any further permission requests (until, perhaps, another later version). If this was not what you were asking, please let me know.

Becky Dubrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.