Cyberhawk Freezes

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by fred128, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

The new upgrade to Zonealarm Internet Security Suite will not work with Cyberhawk. The computer completely freezes. I had to uninstall Cyberhawk in order for everything to come back to normal. I hope Cyberhawk can overcome this because it's a very good program to have.

2. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Pretty much the same with me - I could not reliably shut down without it just not shutting down or "freezing" until I uninstalled CH v2.

Disappointed. I tried two install rounds and same results each time here.

3. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

Thanks for reporting this. We're checking in to this issue and we'll keep you posted as to what we find.

Becky Dubrow

4. fred128

Becky,
    Thanks for trying to find a way around this. This is a disappointment for me because Cyberhawk fills in a big gap. I put a ticket in at your site to make sure you saw this but I guess it wasn't necessary. Please keep us updated on this problem. I want Cyberhawk back.

5. Cyberhawk Support

After looking into this conflict further we believe we have discovered what is causing it. Unfortunately there's no current workaround that we can suggest, but we'll be working on a fix to incorporate into a future release.

Thanks again for pointing this out to us right away!

Becky

6. fred128

Becky,
    I'm sure your very disappointed to find this. For all of our sakes, hopefully a workaround will be found soon.

7. fred128

Becky

Hi Becky,
    I hope this question doesn't put you on the spot. Have you found a workaround for Cyberhawk and ZoneAlarm 7? If it's not possible then so be it but I'm hoping.

8. Cyberhawk Support

Re: Becky

Hi Fred--

Unfortunately there is no workaround available and at this point it looks like we will not be able to address the trouble until our next update (hopefully coming out in a couple of weeks). We do of course understand that Zone Alarm is a very popular program, so we're doing everything we can to get this taken care of quickly.

We did post a notice in our online Knowledge Base the other day after this was discovered:

I have ZoneAlarm 7.0, when I install Cyberhawk Windows hangs, Crashes or freezes.
    We have discovered there is a conflict with the two programs and Development is looking into the issue. It's not clear which program is at fault and hopefully we'll have a resolution soon. Unfortunately there isn't a work around for at this time, you'll have to choose one or the other for the time being.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.​

Wish I had better news!

Becky Dubrow

9. fred128

Thanks for responding, Becky. So far, this has to be very disappointing for a lot of people and for Cyberhawk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.