Cyberhawk Accompanied OR Unaccompanied

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TerryWood, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

I use CyberHawk along with Sandboxie, Spyware Terminator, DropMyRights, Spyware Blaster, Avast Home, Comodo Firewall, SnoopFree, Spybot Search & Destroy.

I also recently installed SSM free. This works OK in harmony with the others, so far BUT slows the system down
    I have a simple question. If I uninstall SSM free is Cyberhawk man enough for the job, in conjunction with sandboxie et al. Put another way is SSM free overkill.

Thank you for your help

Terry

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Comodo = firewall, also has he ability to detect process changes when you use cyberhawk or SSM you can disable this

CyberHawk + and the HIPS of Spyware Terminator offer you the same sort of protection as SSM

So choose Avast + Comodo + SSM + Sandboxie (is enough), you can add snoopfree

or Avast + Comodo + Cyberhawk + Spyware Terminator + Sandboxie, in this setup you do not need snoopfree because cyberhawk also protects against keyloggers.

From the others of your list useonly static defense of Spyblaster.

You can change drop my rights for Sandboxie, although sanboxie offers much stronger protection

Regards

We have two pc's one has Antivir free + CH free + GesWall free, the other Antivir + SSM free + DefenseWall.

We only have additional static defense of SpywareBlaster and the inbound protection of Nat Router firewall.

No Spyware defense or on demand scanners. No malware for months

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  3. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Thank you, precise & helpful

Terry

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: This is my personal experience. CH is an excellent app, which will do whatever are designed to do. Whether it is a must have app will depend upon what else do you have. If your FW has network, application control only, then you need apps such CH or SSM for O/S control, preventing any potential malware attacks. Since you have sanboxie and its alike , all possible damages caused by malwares will be contained and erased upon exiting sandbox. At present time, I have deep freeze standard(similiar to your sandboxie), Avast home, ZA pro, AVG AS plus and few free AS scanners and no more. System runs like a rocket, and has been malwares free ever since. This translates into more time for surfing, online gaming and many other funs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.