CWShredder

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tony64, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

hi all,

I've found in my register a file as follows Intermute/cwshredder

I've read somwhere it might be a Trojan . Is it true ? How can I get rid of this infection o_O

By the way...is TDS3 supposed to identify and remove it o_O

MANY THANKS FOR KIND CO-OPERATION

Tony

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, no it isn't, but here's where the confusion comes in. There is a spyware infection type that overall is referred to as "Cool Web Search". But, CWShredder is a tool that is specifically designed to find and remove Cool Web Search infections.

Here is the official CWShredder webpage:

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

The CWShredder tool is frequently recommended by security forums and technical support groups or personnel for cleaning such infections off systems. If you've ever followed cleaning instructions from a forum or off a webpage for this type of infection, or had someone else work on your PC to assist with such a problem, then it is likely that that is where the copy of CWShredder came from.

Now when you say this...

How / where did you find this? What tool pointed it out to you and exactly what was the reference? I'm just wondering what caused you to think it was a problem in the first place?

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For the TDS question:
    TDS never removes any item by itself, you are in the driver's seat to decide what to do with an alert.
    Upate TDS and run a full system scan with all options and see what it finds, post the alerts inhere so we can help you with that.

4. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

OK everything is clear.

I have installed this program sometime ago..I just forgot I did and thought it was a kind of trojan.... :rolleyes: Apologees for the wrong alarm !

Cheers

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.