CWShredder Ripped off ??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Paul2, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

4. gerardwil

Hi,

I personally dont know that. But on the other hand I am sure if this wasn't OK one of the mods/admins would have removed this topic.

Gerard

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Paul2,

I have moved this thread from Software & Services and into Privacy Software & Issues forum since it appears that CWShredder is now maintained by InterMute and used in conjunction with their SpySubtract product.

There is a thread at SpywareInfo where some have tried the new version and reported back. But as for whether CWShredder is being 'ripped off' or not, I guess we'll have to wait until we hear from Merijin, himself, on that.
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=31661

Regards,

snap

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

8. claire

claire Guest

9. gerardwil

Some info from Merijn:

October 20, 2004:

Hey all, long time since my last update. Big news this time: CWShredder has been sold to InterMute. This means that from now on, InterMute will manage CWShredder, add detection and removal for new variants, everything. They offer CWShredder 2.0 as a free download, and plan to integrate it into their existing product SpySubstract PRO.

In other news, I will no longer be accepting checks or money orders as donations, because the greatness that is the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act prevents anyone from cashing a check that has not been written out to them, even if they have written approval of the person the check was written out to. You guessed it, I had a good friend in the USA cash the checks in US$, and then wire the money to me in Europe. Since the PATRIOT act was deployed, this is no longer possible and all received check donations are worthless to me. I can still accept cash donations, though I (very greatly) prefer PayPal.

http://www.merijn.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.