CWShredder does not download?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Stro, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

In the escalating battle against the adware on my PC, I went to spywareinfoforum.com for the CWShredder program for the first time. I was expecting the routine download/install procedure, instead CWShredder seemed to scan my drive, and find & fix CoolWebSearch adware, all from the spywareinfoforum.com website.

Can someone familiar with this program confirm for me that this is way CWShredder is suppose to work?

Also, CWShredder says to shut down the browser before running the fix on browser hijacking. Does this mean I need to shutdown my internet connections after accessing, but before running, CWShredder?

I appreciate your advice.
    Thanks & regards,
    Stro

2. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Is it possible that you chose to open the file instead of saving to disk? It wouldn't hurt to download the program again, saving to your desktop, close all windows and try CWS Shredder again. If you have trouble downloading the program and you believe you still have CoolWebSearch on your computer, it may interfere with your download of CWS Shredder.

Try this link:
    CWShredder direct download: http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.