Customized Boot-CD ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smitty16, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smitty16

smitty16 Registered Member

Hello,

Is it possible to put third party programs/drivers onto an ti-boot-cd?

The reason I ask this is, that I would like to place a Backup Image of my whole System onto my Netgear SC101. The SC101 is a network storage solution with 2 3,5" hds in it which is directly connected to a dhcp router. I use this to have hd memory which is accessible from an machine in the network.

The SC101 is only accessible from machines having the the driver installed and when my System gets damaged and I want to restore my emergeny Image from my SC101, I have to got the driver program onto the boot-cd to reach the image at all. Is this possible to get it onto the boot-cd ?

thx for your hints

2. b_k

b_k Registered Member

if you are talking about TI Home, your only option would be to use the BartPE-Plugin for TrueImage and try to integrate the Netgear-drivers into the BartPE-CD. Since i dont own a Netgear Sc, i don't know if it are just drivers (would be easy to integrate) or additional Software (would be harder). In case of drivers you would only have to copy the drivers to the right directory and then create the BartPE-CD. If you need an additional program you would have to create a so called "Plugin" for BartPE (containing neccessary files, registry entries and so on).

3. smitty16

smitty16 Registered Member

Thx a lot for your answer :) . I'll try this and post my Results here.

cu

4. b_k

b_k Registered Member

got my hands on the utility software for the Netgear SC101. It looks like more than just a driver. Going for a bit experimenting in the VMWare.

since i don't have this thing, it doesn't make sense to dig around further. i just have to say that the logging (of the Netgear Utility and driver installation) and converting the log to a Plugin-Template resulted in a ~90KB .inf-file. Someone who has this Netgear SC should try creating a Plugin. But i think it will not be easy.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.