customer experience improvement program vs windows feedback program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wutsup, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders,

you know when you first install windows vista or windows 7, you get the nag/pop up in the bottom right hand corner near the tray icons about participating in the microsoft customer experience improvement program about submitting information about your hardware config, what programs you use etc etc to microsoft. is this different from the windows feedback program tool that you have to manually download from microsoft and install to submit information about your computer to them?( dont know why someone would want to install this on their computer....)

the Customer experience improvement program can either be turned on or off within windows control panel, and it is a permanent part of windows.

but is the windows feedback program tool different from the CEIP in windows? since you have to manually download and install it like any other program/game? they both submit information to Microsoft about your computer.

2. guest

guest Guest

http://wfp.microsoft.com/FAQ.aspx

As you can see in the FAQ, the Windows Feedback Program simply collects even more data.

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yea i read that earlier.

so the windows feedback program tool can't be installed by windows/microsoft automatically right? you would have to download it from the microsoft website and install it manually correct?

so basically what im trying to say is that CEIP is already built into windows vista,7 while the windows feedback tool has to be manually installed by the computer user?

i just want to make sure that i didnt accidentally install the WFP tool or something cause i dont want to send data about my computer to microsoft lol

4. guest

guest Guest

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

so basically the Customer Experience Improvement Program is already built into all windows vista and 7 computers, but the computer user can decide whether to participate or not. While the Windows Feedback Program is something that the computer user has to manually download and install from the microsoft website and get an invitation from microsoft?

6. guest

guest Guest

That! :cool:

7. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

ok thx peterpan, youve been helpful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.