Custom push install packaging..

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pmolina, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmolina

pmolina Registered Member

hi all... im testing the NOD32 ver 4 business edition package... im also using the adminstrator server and console..... using the console.. i have been able to figure out how to create a package using the .MSI file for NOD32... however.. what i haven't been able to figure our is how to create it and have it apply custom profile upon install...

i have changes the profiles... to what i want.. created the custom install ... but when i push the install then check the individual pc's... the customization i want has not been applied.. am i missing a step..?

here is what im doing..

go to the remote install tab...
    go to manage packages
    select custom for package type...
    give it a name..
    select create where i select the nod32 install .msi file...
    at the package entry point i have one choice which is the smae path and file i selected...
    the edit/select configuration for this package are gray'd out.. so i can't do anything here..
    for command line options i select /quiet /promptrestart

then i save it..

am i missing a step.. or im i doing it completely wrong for inclusing a custom profile or configuration..? o_O

thanks for any help offered..

2. tese

tese Registered Member

Hello,
    When creating an install package for the ESET client, you should leave the package type as "ESET Security Products package".

The "Custom package" is used when creating an installation package for a third party product that you might wish to distribute via the ERAS.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

4. tese

tese Registered Member

Hello,

If you read his post carefully, you will see that he hever asked how to change the default install drive. All he asked was how to set configuration parameters in the install package. Since hw was using a "custom" package, he could not do that. However, if he follows the advice I provided, then he will be able to do exactly what he asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.