Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Amelia, Dec 20, 2004.
I inserted the name of the Dialer, in custom blocking. My question is "what is CLSID" Thanks
If you are talking about the Custom Blocking in SpywareBlaster, (I just moved your post from the Update Alerts section to the Javacool sub-forum for SpywareBlaster), then I'm afraid that it is not as easy as inserting a name. The CLSID is a long, supposedly unique (mostly) identifier that each ActiveX control must have. Finding the CLSID of a specific control is not the easiest thing. There is not a topic on this forum that explains how to find specific malware related CLSIDs, but there is a topic explaining how to use the feature in SpywareBlaster once you have identified the control:
Thanks for you info.
amelia, there is a "custom blocking list" available.. it is posted in the "grc" forums, occasionally, and it is posted in the "aumha" forum.. it is not very difficult to use the custom blocking list.. just copy-n-paste the list into notepad, save the file as "customblocking.txt", and post the txt file in the spywareblaster folder (c/program files/spywareblaster).. then, in spywareblaster, go to "tools", "custom blocking", rightclick on the list and "select all".. then press the button for "protect against checked items"..
I tried the 3 web sites you mentioned. My spy is VLoading Dialer, Rogue Axtive X. I need the CLSID. Thanks for your input.
Just curious what caused you to want to find the VLoading Dialer CLSID. Did you perhaps run an Adware\Spyware cleaning program and it flagged the VLoading Dialer ?
Hi, yes I ran aol spyware, it found VLoading. I blocked it, then went to spywareblaster, and 2 dialers were not being blocked, so I had SWB block them. Then I ran another scan on aol spyware, it found the VLoading again. I just read in the past forums about other people having the same problem. Spywareblasters 2 dialers that are unchecked, are not VLoading. Hope JavaCool will solve this. Thanks
This sounds like a false-positive detection from AOL's scanner - it seems to be detecting part of SpywareBlaster's protection as spyware (which, of course, it isn't).
If you have a way of contacting AOL to report such false-positives, please let us know. They should be able to easily fix the problem once they know about it. Thanks!
i would run the updater for spywareblaster, then, go to spywareblaster's "protection", and click "enable all protection"..
go to internet explorer/tools/options/privacy, and block third-party cookies.. (or, in the aol browser, go to "settings"/internet options/privacy)..
do you have adaware? and spybot s&d? i would use those to scan for adware and "spyware", and not use the scanner provided by aol..
yes, it sounds like the aol scanner is removing spywareblaster's protection for those dialers.. the solution to the problem would be to not use the adware/spyware scanner provided by aol.. (and re-enable the protection in spywareblaster)
incidentally, pest patrol flags some false-positives from somewhere on my computer, either from spywareblaster's protection, spybot's "immunize", or from something else.. when i do an online scan with pest patrol, if flags 12 or 13 things as "bonzibuddy".. (edit: pest patrol's online scanner now detects 55 false positives on my computer, 53 of which are "bonzibuddy")
the scanner provided by aol is provided by aluria..
Perhaps you noticed in those past Forums that it has already been solved. AOL spyscanner is Falsely reporting a valid registry entry placed there by SpywareBlaster and users need to report to AOL of it's False report.
This SpywareBlaster registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility
Separate names with a comma.