Custom blocking

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Angelo Faria, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo Faria

Angelo Faria Registered Member

Hi:

This is my very first posting, although I have had SpyBlaster installed on my computer for some time now and keep it manually updated. I also run on a daily basis SpySweeper and Registry Mechanic by purchase and McAfee provided by my ISP free. In addition, I run Ad-Aware SE manually each evening.

In my experience, I have not had to suffer through a virus attack on my system because of the above mentioned protection in real time. On the other hand, I have had to eliminate 3-4 examples of spyware daily and these have generally been detected by only by Ad-Aware and not the other systems.

I tried to insert these spyware into SpyBlaster through Tools and then Custom Blocking but it does not appear to have worked in real time. I wonder if this is due to the fact that I have been able to insert the items only and not their CLSID (what is this?) references (hence I have merely a string of zeros by default).

This raises several issues: (a) am I incorrect in assuming that inserting of spyware items in Custom Blocking will do the trick? If so, what if any is the alternative for new spyware removal? (b) If not, how would I go about getting the relevant CLSID references? To be helpful, I would provide two examples of recurring spyware: insightexpressai(1).txt and hits.gureport.co.

Any specific advice in this matter and other general advice of facilitating Custom Blocking of spyware would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Angelo Faria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.