cursor disappearing reappearing problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pan15, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

my cursor disappearing sometimes and only appears after i move it? this doesnt happen on every site always but sometimes randomly. i noticed it happening on espn.com more often but not always strange? i scanned computer with alot with on demand scanners hitman pro, trend micro and others and have a good real-time system with anti-virus and anti-malware and threatfire but nothing is detected and the random cursor disappearance keeps happening sometimes

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

pan15, without any additional info: OS, Browser, Mouse Make & Model, etc., your issue is difficult to diagnose, yet in this Post, you mentioned using Caffeine. I would start there.

ESPN.com uses lots of Flash. Check that your Flash Player is up to date as well.

3. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

how could caffeine cause the problem if i disable it when surfing the net?

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Again, without further info, all anyone can do is guess and Caffeine was my shot in the dark.

5. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

I had this problem before, it was related to adobe flash, the problem disappeared after I deleted all flash cookies in my PC with the firefox addon "betterprivacy" but you can try using bleachbit.

6. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

i thought it was a cookie problem because whenever i clear my cookies the problem goes away but then eventually it comes back. I was hoping for a permanent solution to this problem so i dont always have to clear my cookies but i don't know if theres one out there

7. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

not your *common* cookie, I'm talking about flash cookies, you can't remove them with your browser.

8. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

so why does it work when i delete cookies through my browser? if your right can you delete them with ccleaner because i dont want to install so many programs on my computer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.