Current Trusted and Untrustd list for NoScript Add-On?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by halcyon, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Does anybody keep updating a generic Trustd/Untrusted list for NoScript?

It gets tedious after a while to keep adding scripting to hundreds and hundreds of sites I visit every month.

I'm almost ready to go to Allow Global - block only untrusted, but I'm missing a decent/up-to-date "known to be untrusted" list for importing to NoScript.

Anyone?

2. tlu

tlu Guest

Why? If you add trustworthy sites that you visit regularly to the trusted list Noscript remembers them till eternity.

But do you really enable scripting for any site you happen to stumble upon? If you do security is obviously no concern for you. You should deinstall Noscript and intensify your prayers instead.

3. halcyon

Hahah, I was waiting for a comment like this.

No, I know what I'm doing and have surfed the web since 1993. I do have Proxomitron with a very tight set + some additional measures.

However, for some sites it'd be better to kill all scripts, but by default kill everything for all the multitude of sites I visit is just way too tedious. Way too tedious. I've already tried that.

I'm too old and life's too short to spend half an hour a day adding exceptions.

I'm looking for a way to make NoScript work the way I want, not the way *you* want :)

Apparently you can't help.

Anyone else?

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I'm not aware of any lists. I suppose you can export the text file in options and add sites you want to whitelist, or blacklist on the bottom - after the untrusted header, then import that list via the same route. How about this instead.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

What do you need NoScript for? You can add custom blocking and permission lists to Proxomitron and add sites to them via the tray menu. The JD filters have an extensive set of lists.
    It would help if we knew exactly how you'd like your filtering to work. What default settings and behaviors do you want? Assuming you visit a site for the first time, what permissions do you want it to have?

6. noone_particular

Lists contained in the JD filter set:
    Code:
    [Blocklists]
    List.Bypass = "..\Lists\Bypass List.txt"
    List.CookieList = "..\Lists\AllowCookies.txt"
    List.Trusted = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Trusted - Sites.txt"
    List.--------[Misc_Lists]-------- = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\separator.txt"
    List.ClassIDs = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\Class IDs.txt"
    List.DumbSites = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\DumbSites.txt"
    List.JSProperties = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\JS - Properties.txt"
    List.Jump = "..\Lists\URL Alias List.txt"
    List.No-Images = "..\Lists\Kill Images.txt"
    List.Support = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\Site Support.txt"
    List.--------[Ad_Lists]-------- = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\separator.txt"
    List.Ad-Keys = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Keys.txt"
    List.Ad-List = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - List.txt"
    List.Ad-Paths = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Paths.txt"
    List.Ad-Prefixes = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Host Prefixes.txt"
    List.Ad-Domains = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Domains.txt"
    List.Ad-User-Paths = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\User Lists\Ad User - Paths.txt"
    List.Ad-User-Prefixes = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\User Lists\Ad User - Host Prefixes.txt"
    List.Ad-User-Domains = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\User Lists\Ad User - Domains.txt"
    List.Ad-Adults = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Adults.txt"
    List.Ad-Dimensions = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Dimensions.txt"
    List.Ad-Comments = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Comments Begin.txt"
    List.Ad-Comment-Pairs = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Ad Lists\Ad - Comments Pairs.txt"
    List.--------[Bypass_Lists]-------- = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\separator.txt"
    List.Bypass-Ads = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Bypass - Ads.txt"
    List.Bypass-Con = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\bypass - Con.txt"
    List.Bypass-Proxy = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Bypass - Proxy.txt"
    List.Bypass-SO = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\bypass - SuperOpener.txt"
    List.Bypass-URLKiller = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Bypass - URL Killer.txt"
    List.Bypass-Web = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Bypass - Web Filters.txt"
    List.--------[Allow_Lists]-------- = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\separator.txt"
    List.Allow-Code = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Code.txt"
    List.Allow-Flash = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Flash.txt"
    List.Allow-Gifs = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Animated Gifs.txt"
    List.Allow-ActiveX = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - ActiveX.txt"
    List.Allow-JS = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Javascript.txt"
    List.Allow-Java = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Java.txt"
    List.Allow-Redirects = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Redirect.txt"
    List.Allow-TextPlain = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Bypass Lists\Allow - Text Plain.txt"
    List.--------[Header_Lists]-------- = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\separator.txt"
    List.CookieDeny = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Header Lists\Cookie - Deny List.txt"
    List.CookieValues = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Header Lists\Cookie - Values.txt"
    List.UseRP = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Misc Lists\Remote Proxy.txt"
    List.MIME-List = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Header Lists\Header - Mime Types.txt"
    List.UserAgents = "..\Lists\JD_Lists\Header Lists\Header - UserAgents.txt"

7. halcyon

Thanks, I have a filter set already.

However, what I'm after is domain or site specific blacklist for javascript kills.

I could of course take some massive HOSTS file as a basis for that, but being that I already use hosts file and some sites do have useful content, but don't really need javascript turned on.

Also, currently Noscript completely kills Proxomitron filter set I use on the sites it is active on, so that defeats the purpose of using NoScript, as Proxomitron does other things than just filter JS.

I could of course use the domain lists in my Proxomitron as well, but still for that I need a fairly up to date blacklist of JS sites/domains.

Back to square one.

8. tlu

tlu Guest

I'm happy that I was able to deliver ;)

Regarding lists: There are none for Noscript. But I suggest - if you use Adblock Plus - to subscribe to the Malware Domains subscription available here ( in addition to the EasyList and EasyPrivacy subscrptions). Details are explained on this site.

9. noone_particular

I doubt you'll find a blocklist for javascript. Keeping such a list anywhere near up to date or complete would be an impossible task. I would ask one question. Why not block JS by default, then on sites that need it, remove the block and refresh the page? A whitelist would be much easier to maintain than keeping a blacklist up to date.
    It's been a long time since I've looked at NoScript, so I have no knowledge of what configuration options it gives you, if it supports separate lists for the different things it filters or if they're all applied globally. Within the limits of what each is designed to do, either one can block something the other allows. With Proxomitron, you can filter the javascript itself, not just allow or block it. You can set up site lists for specific JS functions. The only problem is that you need to understand the JS in order to write decent filters for it. The Castle Cops forum has some excellent sections just for Proxomitron and filters for most everything.

10. halcyon

Thank you! This is indeed useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.