Current thoughts on "Active mode for browsers"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xxJackxx, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I notice that there is nothing checked in the active mode dialog. It seemed like maybe there used to be with older versions (running ESS 6). Is there a benefit to changing any programs to active mode instead of passive mode? If so any particular program or type of program to set it for? Or should I just leave it alone?

2. Quad

Quad Registered Member

The benefit is that it increases the effectiveness of data verification process. Mainly for browsers, web and email clients. But it can cause some compatibility issues.

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I enabled it for IE and Firefox to see if there were any issues. None that I have noticed, at least so far. I guess I will test it on a per application basis and see what happens. I was thinking in the past that it was enabled by default, maybe back in v3 or v4. I don't really remember at this point.

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

As far as I recall, Active mode has never been enabled by default in any version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.