'Current Operation' Still Running???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobat, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobat

bobat Registered Member

Now What?? o_O

TI 8.0. I ran an incremental backup which showed complete. Now, even after I close the program and reopen it, I get this 'current operation' icon and display... Everything looks like it completed OK, the .tib file is where it's supposed to be, and the file has been 'verified.' However, the log for the operation does not show 'complete' in the last entry - says 'creating partition image.'

I'm really getting fed up with Acronis and this software - nothing but trouble since v.6.

What good is backup software if I can't be 100% confident in ito_O I'm too scared to even *try* a real restore operation!

bah!!! :mad:

Attached Files:

• ti8.JPG
      ti8.JPG
      File size:
      59.6 KB
      Views:
  2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Thats a common bug, don't worry about it. Just right click on it and select "Delete". It's a stupid, annoying but harmless bug that's found in version 7 also. Sometimes you get it when you cancel an operation.

3. bobat

bobat Registered Member

OK, thanks. I didn't cancel the operation, though. Another stupid, annoying, harmless bug to live with. :(

But why, when I rebooted to see what might happen, did I get the error message "True Image Service is not responding - Click here to end service?"

Listen, I know there is no such thing as bug-free software... But, for something as critical as disk imaging software, the customer absolutely must have confidence that the program will operate as advertised!!! I hate the nagging feeling that this buggy, rushed-to-market POS will screw me over when I really, really need to restore an image!!!

I'm giving Acronis one, and only one, shot at fixing their product with the next build, or I'm going back to Ghost - permanently. :mad:

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Well, I don't make a single penny off Acronis, so you go ahead and use whatever makes you happy! I would.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2004
  5. bobat

bobat Registered Member

beenthereb4 -

Sorry if my frustration appeared directed at you - it wasn't, and I appreciate your help.

I'm just po'ed at myself (and Acronis) for the hours I've wasted on this thing... I'm going to install Ghost on this machine (because I know it works!) and have a known good backup before I try a restore with TI.

I'll keep you posted! :cool:

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bobat

Which Build Version Ti9. :D

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.