"Current Operation" hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bullermann, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullermann

Bullermann Guest

I am running in XP ... Last week I updated to version 791.

After a backup is completed it hangs .... the icon shows that 'current operation is running' ... when you double click to open the icon the log viewer opens.

If I reboot everything resets ....

There is nothing different in my software or hardware since I installed the updated version 791.

Any tips?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bullermann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please tell whether other applications work properly and do not hang when Acronis True Image hangs? Also please let us know whether the image is created and is it normal (i.e. you can verify it and restore)? What is written in the log file? Can you confirm that no Acronis True Image wizard is operable after the backup is created?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Bullermann

Bullermann Guest

Thank you Ilya for responding .... I'm impressed on your prompt response and appreciate your help.

To answer your questions:

a) Other applications work when Acronis hangs = yes other applications work fine including MS Office applications like Outlook, IE, etc.

b) Yes I did 'verify' the image created

c) The log viewer allows one to save the log to a text file ... and that text file states the following:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log uuid="A14BE091-A103-41F8-A01A-33E01EFEAED9">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="Creating the image has started" module="100" time="1107524476" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1107524477" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="3" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1107524478" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="4" message="Analyzing partition E:..." module="1" time="1107524479" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="5" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1107524480" type="2" />
    <event code="503" id="6" message="Analyzing partition F:..." module="1" time="1107524481" type="2" />
    <event code="1008" id="7" message="Imaging operation summary:
    &lt;bold>Create Full Image&lt;/bold>
    &lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>NTFS (C:)&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    To file: &lt;indent value=10>&quot;F:\Acronis Main Backup File\Main Backup Feb 4 2005.tib&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Compression: &lt;indent value=10>Normal&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    &lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1107524483" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="8" message="Pending operation 104 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1107524483" type="2" />
    </log>

d) Wizards operable = I assume you mean can I select other things within the program to do .... yes other features appear to work fine

Thank you for your help.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Bullermann,

Please try to uninstall Acronis True Image and install the latest build from scratch. If it doesn't help please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

Also please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

Send both files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Sergey Sergeev.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Bullermann

Bullermann Guest

Okay ... thanks.... I'll do the next series of suggested steps and actions ...but I won't be able to get to this until Monday. Meanwhile, thanks again for your help.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Bullermann,

You may contact us any time you found convinient for you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Bullermann

Bullermann Guest

I didn't think I would have time to do a reinstall until Monday - but my calendar broke some time free and I was able to do it today.

Completely uninstalling the software and reinstalling the software fresh solved the problem. (One needs to have their software registration code number for the reinstall).

Thank you .... my problem is solved.

8. Acronis Support

Hello Bullermann,

We are glad to hear you have managed to solve your problem. If you encounter any further issues please feel free to describe them either on this forum or via e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.