current LnS features ?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Czerno, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Czerno

Czerno Registered Member

Hi !

I tried LnS way-back (was version 1.03 IIRC) and was very pleased with it, but I reverted to Kerio KPF 2.14 which is also very good and was more "tweakable".

Now I come to this forum & see LnS has progressed to version 2.something. May I have a crash course in what was added/changed from LnS 1 to LnS 2 ? Does it compare favorably to KPF 2 ?

A couple of pointers to *informed* articles or posts may of course be interesting start points for my aedification...

TIA

--
    Czerno

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I think that the best way is to try the trial version and to read the help index.

3. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Puhh, that's a very general question...

This could give you a first impression:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm

Personnaly, I like the improved application filtering and most important: It is still a small and effective firewall with a minimum usage of memory :)

Thomas

4. Czerno

Czerno Registered Member

Yep, sorry... And thanks for replying it :)

Not much detail there I'm afraid. Yes I could donwload the trial but, ya know, I am not the man who will install/uninstall things just to get a look (my web browser is Firebird 0.7, and I love it, and shall not throw it away just because Firefox 1.x.y is supposed to be even better !)

Back to LnS, I think I remember version 1.0.3 lacked the ability to build specific rules by port number *and* application. I want the flexibility for restricting, say, explorer.exe to accessing only specific IP and ports. Kerio 2.x does this well, and more; does LnS compete ?

thanks !

--
    Czerno

5. Dner

Dner Guest

OT:

I'd update to Firefox, not because it's better but because there's ALOT of security holes fixed since firebird.
    ------------

yeah LnS 2 can restrict applications to specified IPs and ports iirc.

6. Czerno

Czerno Registered Member

OT:
    And there are exploits against FF that do not work against FB. And the firewall blocks most vulns anyway. But you're right, I should think of updating; shall have to devise how to uninstall FB but save bookmarks, history etc.

OK, thank you, Dner.

7. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Here's the program history from the Help manual (please let me know if this is not OK Frederic and I'll delete it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.