Current Avatar I use

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Cosmo32, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

I use the /Dilbert/ avatar that I selected long ago when I joined the Wilders forums. I found it in the ?default? avatars via User CP/avatar. Now, I notice that this avatar is no longer available. Did Wilders remove it due to legal reasons?
    I can understand this, and, am willing to change my avatar if my continued use causes any concern at Wilders.:oops:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

LWM,
    Perhaps I have a larger problem with the forum then! I did check the 'Generic (31 items)' selection. Has 2 pages. No soap/not there on either page. Do I have something set wrong on my User CP possibly? I am not seeing what you see for sure. Really confused now.

4. LowWaterMark

Ah, when you have your avatar set to any specific one from the list, it's no longer shown in the available images section. If you remove your avatar by choosing "Do not use an avatar" from the top box, the next visit to the list of available images will show it back where it was originally located.

5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

LWM,
    AHH SOO!!! that makes sense. OK. No harm, no foul. I'm good now.

Lastly: Are your avatars copyrighted to Wilders for use at Wilders only?
    I'd love to 'borrow' the Dilbert avatar (file/code) and use it on some other forums I am a member of; just because they don't offer any at all.

I will not be disappointed if the answer to this query is a big NO! :D

6. LowWaterMark

Those avatar sets came packaged in the forum software kit that we installed when we first opened in February 2002. They were free to use in the context of the forum. We've simply maintained them in place since then. I don't have any idea about their use outside of the forum structure.

7. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

LWM,
    Fair enough. No harm, no foul. I will go search the www for a similar tiny litle file to use elsewhere. Do have a nice Day! :D

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I would just use it anywhere you want. I keep good looking avatars on file and decide which one to use when I join a forum. I don't even know who made them.

9. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I'm stealthy and sneaky like Batman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.