CSIScanner Startup Type ver.85 vs Previous

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by wildest1, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

@PrevxHelp

With a first time installation of PREVXCSIFREE.EXE v3.0.5.85 today on a new WinXPproSP3/32 system build, I can no longer, after configuring Self Protection to Minimum, change CSIScanner's startup type from Automatic to Manual.

Is this by design in .85 vs previous versions?

When I allow the update from .80 to .85 on systems where the startup is currently Manual, will that be overwritten to locked-state Automatic?

Thank you!

2. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

OK then. Well, to answer one of my questions, the dot 85 update did not overwrite the previously configured manual startup type for the CSIScanner service, but it seems it did break Monitoring.

I worked around that in another way to keep Prevx from loading during system startup. Which is what I prefer.

So while I've got your attention, and I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been requested, I would like to see an option to disable Prevx loading at system startup.

I'd still like to know, though, if the forced automatic startup type for CSI's Normal Self Protection setting was implemented with dot 85 and will that continue?

Thank you.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, this is correct - and we do not have a function to prevent Prevx from loading at startup because of the possibility for abuse by malware (and the lack of a demand for it as our users are primarily interested in monitoring/protecting their PCs - self protection will not function properly if removed and many other functions will not be able to fully function if not loaded).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.