"C's" missing in Control Center?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by epoxpro, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epoxpro

epoxpro Registered Member

Hi there

I know this is a really silly question but we have a trial version of NOD32 installed on my daughters computer running Win98SE and I've noticed that the "C" in Control and the C in Center adjacent to the NOD "eye" (when you open NOD from the system tray) are missing. In other words it says *ontrol *enter.

It really is no big deal and doesn't detract from the real work NOD does but has anyone else come across this strange occurence?

I've un-installed NOD from Add/Remove, deleted the Eset folder in C:\Program Files and re-installed and it's made no difference..

Cheers

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I've not seen that particular one, but I seem to be unique in having brown buttons in the update module from time to time! I posted a thread about it a while back. Only happens under XP Fast User switching, with two or more users logged on together.

Possibly it's a graphics card/driver issue. If like my buttons, it doesn't affect the functionality of the program, it's probably one of those things you just have to live with.

I used to have McAfee on my machine before I found NOD. Every time I ran a scan it left a band of multi-coloured stripes across the entire width of the top half inch or so of my screen - only way to get rid of them was to reboot :(

3. PLeX?

PLeX? Registered Member

Is she using a custom font? If so, I've seen similar oddities when using custom fonts which could explain it. Or even a larger or smaller font than normal.

4. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I've seen this a couple of times on a client's computer, and I think it has something to do with a corrupt system fonto_O
    Somebody with better knowledge of these things than me, may be able to confirm this and possibly even suggest which font it might be?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

No answer for the missing C's, does sound like a font issue though.
    I also get varying amounts of the different coloured buttons when using remote desktop to do administration. Doesn't affect functionality so I don't worry.

6. epoxpro

Hi there

Does anyone know what font it is and I'll do some more research, but as most posters have suggested, it's definitely a very low prioriity problem, but a solution would be nice..

Cheers

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent an email to Eset to see if someone there knows what font or part of Windows causes this...

Cheers :D

8. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Haven't come across this one before! I'm almost certain the font in question is Verdana Bold. If not, it's Tahoma Bold. I can ask the developers if really necessary.

Bandicoot. :D

9. epoxpro

Hi there

I've checked the kids computer and it does have both those fonts listed in C:\Windows\Fonts but they both open correctly when clicked on with the "native" Windows font viewer..

As I said earlier it's no big deal but if I could have Control Center instead of ontrol enter that would be good :D

Cheers

10. alglove

alglove Registered Member

It could be that your daughter's Windows font cache is corrupt. For Windows 98, booting into Safe Mode may be enough to fix it. If not, the font cache is C:\Windows\ttfCache. Just delete or rename this file and reboot.

For Windows 2000 and XP, the corresponding file is C:\Windows\System32\fntcache.dat.

11. epoxpro

Hi there

Deleting the font cache seems to have done the trick!! :D

Thanks to everyone that replied. We now have "Control Center".

Cheers

12. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

excellent! I always wanted to know the solution to that problem myself ... thanks heaps alglove :D
    sagittarius

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes Alglove, thank you, and also thank you for sharing your outcome Epoxpro, as it helps us all to learn, appreciated.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.