CS 1.6 (counter strike) issue

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by dpt.larry, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpt.larry

dpt.larry Registered Member

I have a question. I'm playing counter strike 1.6 and I need the following ports opened so I can play. How do I add the below and make a rule on Look'N'Stop?

I tried adding it myself but I ended up losing my internet connection(haha).....I have no idea what I'm doing. I read the faqs on the website about tcp/udp in client and server mode but it's all gibberish to me. If someone could give me a step by step that would be great.

* UDP 1200
    * UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
    * TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another problem.

I have trouble connecting to the internet when look'n'stop is enabled. I went here http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#CanNoConnect

and I try to download the file 'club_internet_adsl.rie' but it redirects me to the link
    http://www.looknstop.com/Fr/rules/rules.htm

maybe the download link is broken?....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just download the counter strike ruleset from the lns website.

3. dpt.larry

I apologize I didn't mention that before, but yea that was the first thing that I did right after I got LnS, but it doesn't work. It just helps me login the game but it doesn't bring up the servers.

If you or someone can guide me through setting up the ports, that would be great.

**Nevermind I managed to setup the ports by myself**

BUT......I still have problems with my internet. I am behind a router(Linksys WRGT). Whenever I put my computer in standby mode, close the lid, and come back, I get disconnected. Then I have to shut down LnS, repair my connection, and re-enable LnS. I know it shouldn't do this. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

What happens if you repair the connection without shuting down Look 'n' Stop ? Is there any alert in the log ?
    Perhaps an application (or a DLL) is required to have the PC connected back after the standvy mode, and this application would be blocked.
    Next time, could you just disable the Application Filtering before going in standby mode, to see if it makes a difference.

Frederic

5. dpt.larry

Nice tips, problem is solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.