crystal shield antivirus 2012 is solid protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by taleblou, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I just tested crystal shield antivirus 2012 FREE in vm and it had a powerful web or browser protection shield It almost blocked malwares from downloading and it has tons of great feature all for free. It scored near the top with the top antviruses. Its a free software.

Anyway my question is this. Can someone tell me if it is a safe av or knows anything more about it or used it? I have found out the developer of this av several years back used to be a developer of keyloggers and spywares but everywhere I search for it, Its all POSITIVE I am reading at all sites from cnet to softpedia and all others including reviews.

But I trust the views of people here and does anyone here knows if it is truely safe. If so I want to use it myself. I will be waiting for your responses and your opinions.

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Which organisations have tested this please.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Wow ! what a GUI that is.I wonder who's engine they rent or is it in house.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Looking at the detection names in the screen shots it does not look to be Bitdefender detection name wise. It looks to be in-house from thsoe detection names. However the detection names make it look like a hash based av but not 100% sure without testing. Maybe ClamAV engine?

6. ELWIS1

ELWIS1 Registered Member

I tested at one time, this program a little and well detects an exploits on-demand scans and files that others miss Av. I had a problem with the update program.

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Maybe have it detect a well known piece of malware and then upload the malware to virustotal or metascan and see if there are similar names of that malware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.