Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kardokristal, Jan 29, 2012.
Yeah, my bad... .7z extension will be added as you suggested.
This kind of behavior will be fully updated with next BETA version.
Checkup feature is now in place. I also just created "todo" list for better maintenance.
12 points left in todo list, after all points I can release new BETA version.
Here is a preview screenshot of Checkup feature (section).
I hope you like it.
The new interface looks great
I am glad you like it.
Applying custom paths, still does not work. Adding a folders works, Applying the setting reverts to default. Reported before
Kees, Thank you for the feedback.
Hmm.... What the hell is wrong with it... - Hopefully, this error is resolved in the next beta.
Hey kristal... I've been looking forward to the next beta.
Good luck and hope it comes out shiny!
Thanks! I'll do my best.
I'm also looking forward to the new beta, it's looking good.
I have some minor aesthetic suggestions based on the screenshot:
1-Capitalize all of words "ON, OFF"
2-Use a capital letter with each new word
3-A matte tone of green (like the one in top bar) would suit the progress bar better imo
4-Instead of "-" in last checkup performed, "Never" would be better
5-Use a different color for suspicious
6-Bold "Unsafe" and "Suspicious".
Btw I'm very excited for the new beta, so far everything looks good.
@kardokristal is there an estimated release date for the next beta?
I would have to agree with all of this
Thank you for your suggestions.
Just made following changes:
1. Capitalize all of words "ON, OFF"
2. Use a capital letter with each new word
3. Instead of "-" in last checkup performed, "Never" would be better
Maybe next week.
As you will know it was the previously labelled 'patch Tuesday' a couple of days ago, and after installing the Microsoft updates, Crystal security starts to do what it's suppose to do and began highlighting dozens and dozens and more dozens of .dll files newly added by microsoft. Many of which belonging to the same update. Even if I exit CS during installation, it still highlights the files when running again. Is there anyway of keeping CS a little quieter during MS updates ?
See pic and you can see some of the many I had to manually allow.
No doubt someone will say stop downloading MS updates !
Thank you for your report.
There is a plan to add Digital Signature Verification feature in the next BETA version.
- It means that if Trust applications with digital signature is enabled, then all files with valid digital signatures will be
permanently added to the Whitelist (without lookup via internal/cloud database and without any notification).
Maybe this solution will help.
Thanks,that may improve things. But there are several threads here at Wilders about some variants of Malware with forged digital signatures.
Solution: possibility to manage Trusted Vendors List by the user.
Made some changes in the next Beta (based on users feedback).
1. Possibility to choose what type of activity will be tracked and checked.
* Created objects
* Modified objects
* Active processes
- It is possible to enable/disable each type of activity.
- Active processes module is fully updated - better monitoring and performance.
NB! Please note that Admin rights is required to track Active processes.
2. New feature: Trust applications with digital signature
- Enabled: all files with valid signatures will be added permanently to Whitelist without notification.
- Classification for files with valid signature: Safe [signed].
- Permanently means that internal and cloud check was skipped automatically.
3. Moved location of "Unknown files: Upload" option.
Preview screenshot of Protection settings:
Wow, it looks wonderful!, you have gone a long way since the first one.
Thanks! I've come this far thanks to you and all other users.
Different feedback (positive and negative), suggestions, reports... - very valuable data for my development!
It is looking very impressive, I'm looking forward to giving it a spin.
Separate names with a comma.