CryptoSuite Chat feature

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Tony H, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

In my, must be, 5 years on line; I have never used a chat forum or anything like it as I thought - well dodgy - and gave it a miss. NOW however, with the advent of the chat feature in CryptoSuite I thought I would give it a play.

I think I have managed to configure my router ok and I am looking for some way to test it out, by making a link up somewhere.

I have set up as a server named GB3OB

Q1. Does it scan for other on line users?

Q2. Do I have to have the IP addy of someone to connect with them?

Q3. If the answer to Q1 is no, and the answer to Q2 is yes, then how do I make any contacts?

T.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Tony!
    In the demo version one could not act as a host (unless that was changed in the meantime on many requests) only in the registered version.
    We use the IP address to connect to as server name,
    choose a password and choose a port through which the others can connect with us.
    At the moment we IM/PM those to others we allow to connect privately.
    All three items are required for your visitor(s) to be able to connect; the host sees them coming in with their nick and IP.
    You can open PE to control those connections.

BTW: it is also possible to open more instances and connect with yourself and other chat"boxes"

3. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

Thanks for the reply and seasons greetings to you btw.

I have the full registered version (also tds3/P.E./P.G.) so can act as server i guess.

"At the moment we IM/PM those to others we allow to connect privately."

I think here you mean e-mail or post message, Yes? I could leave details on the Diamond tds private section i suppose - what do you think?

T.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Tony, Do that I'll check there shortly and try to connect to you, once connected I will open another host at my end and give you the details - so we can both host and chat :)

5. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Pilli,

Tried to send you a private message on DCS board but unable to. I will check back here Saturday AM.

T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.