CryptoSuite Chat feature

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Tony H, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

In my, must be, 5 years on line; I have never used a chat forum or anything like it as I thought - well dodgy - and gave it a miss. NOW however, with the advent of the chat feature in CryptoSuite I thought I would give it a play.

I think I have managed to configure my router ok and I am looking for some way to test it out, by making a link up somewhere.

I have set up as a server named GB3OB

Q1. Does it scan for other on line users?

Q2. Do I have to have the IP addy of someone to connect with them?

Q3. If the answer to Q1 is no, and the answer to Q2 is yes, then how do I make any contacts?

T.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Tony!
    In the demo version one could not act as a host (unless that was changed in the meantime on many requests) only in the registered version.
    We use the IP address to connect to as server name,
    choose a password and choose a port through which the others can connect with us.
    At the moment we IM/PM those to others we allow to connect privately.
    All three items are required for your visitor(s) to be able to connect; the host sees them coming in with their nick and IP.
    You can open PE to control those connections.

BTW: it is also possible to open more instances and connect with yourself and other chat"boxes"

3. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

Thanks for the reply and seasons greetings to you btw.

I have the full registered version (also tds3/P.E./P.G.) so can act as server i guess.

"At the moment we IM/PM those to others we allow to connect privately."

I think here you mean e-mail or post message, Yes? I could leave details on the Diamond tds private section i suppose - what do you think?

T.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Tony, Do that I'll check there shortly and try to connect to you, once connected I will open another host at my end and give you the details - so we can both host and chat :)

5. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Pilli,

Tried to send you a private message on DCS board but unable to. I will check back here Saturday AM.

T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.