CryptoMonitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by digmor crusher, Apr 3, 2015.

1. DecrypterFixer

DecrypterFixer Registered Member

CryptoMonitor PRO is now free for all users temporarily (v2.0.503.0)

CryptoMonitor Pro is now temporarily free. A completely new version of CryptoMonitor will be available soon in the future, and because of this, the current version of CryptoMonitor is now free until this version is released. If you have any questions comments of concerns, please contact us through our "Contact" page.

As for users who have bought PRO Licenses, you will receive replacement licenses for the new application when that day comes.

Thanks for your patience and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

To download CryptoMonitor please visit:
    http://easysyncsolutions.com/Products

To contact me please visit:
    http://easysyncsolutions.com/ContactUs

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

New version is probably being reworked to be compatible with upcoming Windows 10, taking full advantage of the new antimalware technologies that come with it.

Windows 7 users get the old Pro version, which is a nice upgrade for that operating system.

3. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Does it means that CM can work "forever" but is available to download only before the date of new build's release...or it can work till such date and then will be desactivated or changed to free restricted version?

4. NormanF

I think free means it will be a free download until the new version is made available.

The Free Pro won't be deactivated but for people who want the new version, those features would be would worth paying for and for users who already have bought a license, they'll be transferred to the new version once it is out.

5. DecrypterFixer

DecrypterFixer Registered Member

This means that when the new application is released and a few months have past , the current CryptoMonitor will expire and cease to function.

6. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Do you have a time frame for the version to be release?

Kind regards,

Moose

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I've installed it inside the sandbox, and I'm not liking the GUI. Has anyone tested the Pro version? Does it really alert about (non-malicious) tools that are modifying files? It did seem to be lightweight, if the new version improves the interface, this will be a tool to watch.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I installed in shadow mode (don't know if that affects how it works or not) but given I taken other steps to block vector points, it didn't really peak my interest as much as I expected. I think it's because i'm so settled in my ways anymore after being a straight up classical HIPS loyal.

9. Rasheed187

Well, at the moment I do miss dedicated protection against ransomware on my system. The plan was to use HMPA, but it interferes with Sandboxie. So this tool is certainly interesting to me.

10. NormanF

Well... the free version does come with some false positives which I got whitelisted.

Other than that, no serious alerts. The only time it should be active is when an unknown process is being injected into Windows and should block it.

11. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

I know it's OT here, but can you elaborate? Others seem to work these two together?

12. Rasheed187

It should normally alert about all processes (except for OS applications) that are trying to modify files in a short period of time.

13. Rasheed187

I'm one of the unlucky ones, but I've tried the HMPA + SBIE combo several times now, and every time it made SBIE malfunction. So I gave up, I'm now using MBAE + SBIE which works just fine. But of course, HMPA does offer some additional features, so I'm looking for ways to fill this gap in my protection.

14. ichito

ichito Registered Member

And the end of history of CryptoMonitor...it just has been acuired by MBAM so we have new app called Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware
    "Our answer started with a company named EasySync Solutions, owned by Nathan Scott, which created an application called CryptoMonitor.

CryptoMonitor was doing an excellent job of stopping ransomware at that time, but having a few ideas of our own, we acquired EasySync Solutions and hired Nathan to come work on stopping ransomware for us. Nathan has been leading the anti-ransomware technology development at Malwarebytes for the last few months.

Now I’m stoked to announce that after months of late nights and a few hundred gallons of Red Bull, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware is ready for beta testing."

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2016/01/introducing-the-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta/

New thread here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta.383333/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.