CryptoDefense - Heads Up.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Feandur, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

When Emsisoft blogged about their competitor detailing the malware author's 'mistake', which appears to have now been corrected, were they referring to Symantec?

3. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

TonyW
    Questions like that cannot be asked or answered in a public forum for liability reasons.

I merely have listed the bloggs I could find alerting users to details about this piece of malware for caution sake.

-cheers,
    feandur

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

-Did Symantec screw users over by informing the malware author of his error?
    -Were users screwed over by Symantec when they released info, carefully withheld by another competitor that actually helped infected users?
    -Did Symantec actually help a malware author to keep up his monthly income and thus screw users over?
    -The 'Symantec disposition' aka being so media-horny, you're actually willing to screw users over and help a malware author, real or not?

Afaik, you can ask all the questions you want. Just don't post any answers to them if you fear any liability issues. :)
    Kudos to Emsisoft, btw. Pretty rare to see such benevolence.

5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I don't see any liability issues for quoting what they already blogged publicly. The only real question here is why. The answer has to fall into one of 2 categories, stupidity or greed. I'd find it hard to believe that they're that stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.