CryptoCloud: speed-issues and OpenVPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by stap0510, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stap0510

stap0510 Registered Member

Hi all,

Speed-issue:
    I've been using CryptoCloud for a couple of days and see that the speed is around 50 kilobytes/second through every node.
    Only when choosing the option "The Netherlands TCP" gets me a better sustained speed of roughly 256 kilobytes/second.
    I've an internetconnection that easily reaches up to 500+ kilobytes/second without any tunneling taking place, so I was really surprised to only get 50 kilobytes/second.

Since the crew from CryptoCloud didn't reply to my e-mail and support-ticket, I might as well take my shot here with you guys. Since some of you have tried it also.
    A paranoid mind could see this as an effort to posepone for reply till the 7-days of free trail-use are over, but ofcourse I just want an answer before that period expires.

I'm in The Netherlands, if that can be of any help.
    And I really want to use a node/server outside of The Netherlands.

OpenVPN:
    Does somebody know where to get the*.ovpn-files, for use in OpenVPN?
    I would really just like to use it without CryptoCloud's GUI.

Hope somebody can help me out of this mess.

Edit: Shoot, I typed the topic title wrong, always looks stupid. But I mean CryptoCloud ofcourse., instead of cyptocloud.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. S.B.

S.B. Registered Member

Check out HideMyAss! Pro VPN - http://hidemyass.com/vpn/

You get 20 servers in 7 countries. Many of the servers are very fast. Price is great and subscribers are allowed to simultaneous access the service using up to three different PCs. The service uses OpenVPN with a customized user interface (it remembers the login name and password unlike the standard OpenVPN interface, and allows change of servers with a single click).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.