CryptoCloud: speed-issues and OpenVPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by stap0510, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stap0510

stap0510 Registered Member

Hi all,

Speed-issue:
    I've been using CryptoCloud for a couple of days and see that the speed is around 50 kilobytes/second through every node.
    Only when choosing the option "The Netherlands TCP" gets me a better sustained speed of roughly 256 kilobytes/second.
    I've an internetconnection that easily reaches up to 500+ kilobytes/second without any tunneling taking place, so I was really surprised to only get 50 kilobytes/second.

Since the crew from CryptoCloud didn't reply to my e-mail and support-ticket, I might as well take my shot here with you guys. Since some of you have tried it also.
    A paranoid mind could see this as an effort to posepone for reply till the 7-days of free trail-use are over, but ofcourse I just want an answer before that period expires.

I'm in The Netherlands, if that can be of any help.
    And I really want to use a node/server outside of The Netherlands.

OpenVPN:
    Does somebody know where to get the*.ovpn-files, for use in OpenVPN?
    I would really just like to use it without CryptoCloud's GUI.

Hope somebody can help me out of this mess.

Edit: Shoot, I typed the topic title wrong, always looks stupid. But I mean CryptoCloud ofcourse., instead of cyptocloud.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. S.B.

S.B. Registered Member

Check out HideMyAss! Pro VPN - http://hidemyass.com/vpn/

You get 20 servers in 7 countries. Many of the servers are very fast. Price is great and subscribers are allowed to simultaneous access the service using up to three different PCs. The service uses OpenVPN with a customized user interface (it remembers the login name and password unlike the standard OpenVPN interface, and allows change of servers with a single click).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.