Credit Unions Feeling Pinch in Wendy’s Breach

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Pretty simple solution - [up on soapbox]

Effective 3-15-2016 it is illegal for any credit card company to process a transaction outside of "chip technology" mode. ACH will not clear "chip-less" transactions due to Gov edict. Update/Upgrade or lose your priv's to credit card use both sellers and buyers. Now was it really that difficult? NO.

[getting down from soapbox]

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Sounds great except... so far 90% of the cards I have are yet to be updated to one with a chip. Plus, when you use said cards for internet purchases, you still just use the numbers off the card. This ain't gonna solve a thing. Chips are one of those well intentioned things that have no meaning in real life.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

The reason 90% aren't chipped is because businesses and people are procrastinators deluxe. Trust me, if your cards were NOT honored without a chip on them you would have chips. The businesses that want to accept credit for payment would have the reading devices in place pronto. They aren't going to shut down because of chipe, but they ARE going to procrastinate until forced to upgrade.

Wally World never asks for ID or even a signature when I use my chip card(s) there and I frequently spend a couple hundred bucks. I see quite the opposite when the customers in line with me pull out there "older" style chipless cards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.