Creator\Owner Permissions Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TrickTrash, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrickTrash

TrickTrash Registered Member

I'm having a problem with my Creator\Owner Permissions in C:\ and 'read only' being set, no matter what I do

I don't know if this is caused by NoD32 (v4.474) on XP SP3 all up to date

The permissions for the Creator\Owner privileges are empty; if I try & set them, they apply momentarily & then are immediately removed (at least, the boxes tick\untick very quickly)

Plus if I try to change a folder\file to remove the read only setting, it won't take

Has anyone seen this before with NoD32? If so, do you know a cure?

The problem has only recently started up, after a clean install and an upgrade from NoD32 v3x; I didn't have the prob with v3x & ZA Security Suite

ATM I'm also using ZA Security Suite (With AV switched off) which probably isn't a good idea with NoD32, so I should probably move down to the ZA Pro Firewall; anyone know if this causes probs?

Thanks very much

2. meman887

meman887 Registered Member

First of try disabling ZA Security Suite temporarily and then try and set the permissions again, if your successful re-enable ZA Security Suite.

If not check in ZA Security Suite for any options that may cause this kind of behaviour, if you can't find anything the next step is to follow the information below.

I'll put this one down to a last resort, but however I have no idea if this will help you or not but you can try anyway and also make sure your computer isn't connected to the internet at the time in doing this just to be safe, so temporarily disable your network adaptor and also you may want to consider temporarily disabling ZA Security Suite while doing this.

how to reset local security policy

Afterwards, you may need to manually set permissions for C drive and all other hard drives connected to your Computer again, but caution is advised in doing so.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  3. TrickTrash

TrickTrash Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestion, meman887 - sorry m8, I should have mentioned that I'd done these things already, without success; including Microsofts' Fixit for 'Restore Default Security Settings' and Dial-a-Fix

I've no idea what's causing this prob & trying to narrow it down

Thanks anyway :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.