Creation of Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by watertiger, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watertiger

watertiger Registered Member

When trying to create a full backup in the SZ, I get a "Reboot required" msg as soon as the operation starts. Actioning the reboot appears to terminate the operation - as does cancelling it. Therefore I have no backup archive, no SZ...and no patience left. What am I doing wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello watertiger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?
    - Where are you trying to create Acronis Secure Zone? What partition are you using to take space from for Acronis Secure Zone creation?
    - Are you enabling the Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager option?
    - What partition or hard drive are you trying to back up? Please describe your hard drive's partition layout in details.

Please also let us know the build number of Acronis True Image you are using. You can find the build number in the Help->About dialog.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. RHarbick

RHarbick Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem as watertiger. I am trying to create the zone on the home drive (C drive) which is a single 75 Gb drive with 1 partition (bootable). My build is 3633 (the most current). I have submitted a help request but will do so again with the report compiled by the system reporter I downloaded from Acronis. This report is attached. Any suggestions? :oops:

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello RHarbick,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. RHarbick

RHarbick Registered Member

o_O The request number is 605798. Also - I'm attaching the report. I believe Max Malushko is handling this one. OK - this site will only let me upload 1 attachment also. Would someone send me an email address where I can send both the report AND the log file.

Attached Files:

6. watertiger

watertiger Registered Member

Thanks for your reply - The answers to yr q are:

1) I'm creating the SZ where prompted (between the "desktop" & "local drive" options in my file tree)

2) I'm trying to create the partition in the C: drive, which is NTFS/228.8Gb (it's the drive containing the info I want to back up - but I'm not reckoning to exceed 80Gb, so thought I had plenty of space to create an SZ partition...)

3) Start Up Recovery option - I've tried running the programme with this option activated/deactivated - with no difference to the final result

4) Im using True Image 9.0 build 3663.

THANKS for any help with this!

7. Acronis Support

Hello RHarbick,

Please note that we are not able to investigate the problem via the Forum. So you should send all requested information to our Support Team.

As you have already contacted our Support Team, please wait Max Malushko reply. He will help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

8. Acronis Support

Hello watertiger,

Please note that Acronis Secure Zone as Backup Archive Location option persists in Acronis True Image even if Acronis Secure Zone does not exist on your hard drive. You should create Acronis Secure Zone at first and only after that create your image there.

If you have created Acronis Secure Zone with required reboot and the problem still persists, please make screen shots all of your steps within Windows when you create the image.

Please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.