creating secure zone deleted hard disk!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NEw One, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEw One

NEw One Guest

Hello
    I installed Acronis True Image 7.0 Personal and
    created a secure zone on the second [d:] hard disk. The secure zone was created and I took a backup of disk c:
    But then I noticed that the rest of my data on the second harddisk d: was lost!!! Now the disk is empty!!
    Any help?
    what to do to get my data back?
    Thanks
    Michael

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I haven't used secure zone but I thought it was supposed to use empty space on the hard disk when it was created. I'd suggest deleting the secure zone and using System Restore if it's turned on to restore the disk to a state before all these changes occurred but if all the data was deleted when the secure zone was created this would include all the system restore data as well. Your best bet therefore is to delete the secure zone and use a recovery program to retrieve data that hasn't been overwritten and unless it's extremely valuable data it's a lot of trouble to go to and is only likely to be partially successful.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Partition Magic is prety good at "un-deleting" partitions.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Yup. I lost the format on 150 GB of my 320GB external USB drive last night when I interrupted the deletion of the 170 GB Acronis Secure Zone from it (duh !)

I tried Acronis Disk Director 9.0 and it couldn't recover it.

Partition Magic 8.01 recovered it as easily as falling off of a log !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.