Creating image on mapped shares

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by collisba, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collisba

collisba Registered Member

Anyone have any luck with this? I have a web server that is not on the domain, is on a seperate vlan, and while it can map a drive, and has full rights to the share, will only write an image on rare occasions. Most of the time I get the user/pass for remote resource Z:\\servername\share incorrect. It did start yesterday when I deleted the task, recreated, verified that it started and created the filename on the storage server, and cancelled. But when the scheduled time came, it complained about the user/pass.

What am I missing on how TI uses user/pass to write shares to mapped drives? I've used domain\user on the remote machine, and local admin to run the task locally, but I'm confused since I can open the mapped drive and create files on the machine.

If I try the unc or IP, I get an error about creating images on My Computer and the need to choose another location.

Maybe an 1124 issue?

Brian

2. collisba

additionally, this server pops up a window that says the task is suspended while another task is running.. but I have no other jobs in there, and I've restarted both agent and scheduler services.

I have not rebooted it yet though... won't be able to for a couple of days since it's being used for classes right now.

Brian

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Backup Software (enterprise edition).

Could you please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Also please try to schedule the image creation to the local computer rather than to the network share and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. collisba

Done. It should be in your inbox.. let me know what you come up with.

Thanks,

Brian

5. collisba

Just tried running an E to F image file. Same result, similar error..

Failed to execute the task script error 1,385 Logon failure user not granted requested logon type at this computer.

Brian

6. Acronis Support

Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking time to contact Acronis Support Team.

If you don't get any response within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which will be sent to you in autoreply. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. collisba

This is getting to be like troubleshooting a moving target. Last night from home (using a remote admin util) I went thru every admin and local password available to get past the user/pass problem. I chose the "do not schedule" option to bypass the second credentials window. I even chose not to provide a user/pass with no luck. Decided it was an 1124 issue and quit for the night.

This morning, while showing my boss the error that I was getting, I again chose no password and it started writing... it's at 16% right now.

I might have to start drinking at work.

Brian

8. Acronis Support

Hello Brian,

Well, this situation is even stranger then the one you described. The software always works in the same way and the described behaviour is really weird. Please check your network settings and local as well (such as usernames and passwords and the schedued task details). Could it be that something has changed?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. collisba

Nothing has changed as far as I know. The manually started backup appeared to be hung at 39% for about 4 hours yesterday, so I stopped it, and waited to see if it would kick off again after working hours. Got the same error about credentials.

This morning I went thru the same deal, and it would start writing to the mapped share only when the job was not scheduled. It does not seem to matter if credentials are supplied at the first prompt for access to the mapped share... I tried it both ways (without scheduling) and it started writing to the mapped share.

Since the first set of credentials deals with the remote share, and those don't seem to matter, I don't understand why I only get the error when I schedule the job, and have to put in credentials "as a user".. which deals with job kicking off with credentials locally. Incidentally, I know that I'm using good credentials when scheduling, since it'll warn you if you've got the user/pass incorrect.

This box is running 1124, has NT4SP6 and is our main web server.

I'm at a loss on this one..

Brian

10. Acronis Support

Hello Brian,

You said you wrote a letter to Acronis Support Team, could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to yuo in autoreply to your letter? I will let you know how the investigation is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.