Creating Full Images in Secure Zone.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sendmehere, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sendmehere

sendmehere Registered Member

My question is about creating full images of "different partitions" in the secure zone.

Case is:
    I have 2 partitions, 1 is "C" drive, and the other is "D" drive.

Question is:
    1) After I created one full image for "C" partition and one full image for "D" partition "separately", when I create an "incremental" of "D" partition, will TI8 automatically uses the full image of "D" to do the "incremental" thing?

2) And afterwards, if I create an "incremental" of "C" partition, will TI8 automatically uses the full image of "C"?

3) In this case, different full images for different partitions are stored in SZ, and if the zone is nearly full and the time for deleting image comes, it will delete the "oldest" full image? Will it determine which partition the backup is in process, and only try to delete the full image for "that partition"?

Thanks in advance!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sendmehere,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that when you create incremental image it will be created to the newest full image. If you create the full image of C drive and then the one of D drive and create incremental image after that it will be incremental to D drive image. The next incremental will be to the first incremental image. Acronis Secure Zone is desinged mainly for storing either only several full images or one full and several incremental images which describes the behaviour.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. sendmehere

sendmehere Registered Member

I see, thanks for your reply!!!
    Now I understand how it works, THANKS!!!
    so I guess I'll stick to one full image + several incrementals...

sendmehere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.