Creating exceptions for SD Card??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GVJosh, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GVJosh

GVJosh Registered Member

One of my users has a camera that adds files to the SD Card for its reference. Unfortunately, those files are being see an malware by ESET even though they seem OK to us.

There is no way to disable this functionality on the camera and so I need to create an exception for the files in ESET (we on the Business edition and so I will need to do it in the manager/policy rather than at the client as I'd assume any custom settings would be overriden on the next policy refresh).

The drive letter tends to change and so just adding a drive letter with \*.* doesn't help. Is there a way to put a hash of the file into ESET so that it will ignore those files?

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Perhaps there needs to be a modification to our definitions. I would suggest uploading the file(s) in question to virus total and get cross references against more than 40 vendors. Then we can gather samples and submit them to our lab for analysis. If they are truly not malicious, then we can modify our signatures. After uploading the files to virus total, submit a customer care case to start the samples collection process.

Thanks,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.