Creating bootable resque DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PekunZip, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PekunZip

PekunZip Registered Member

Hello guys!

I've tried to create boot DVD with Acronis Trueimage. However it ain't work.
    Error message is "Error burning bootable CD-R/CD-RW" when I try to "Create Bootable Rescue Media".

Is it so that you cannot create bootable DVD? o_O

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There is another topic here devoted to just that: creating a Rescue DVD. Do a search for it. I don't have the link handy.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello PekunZip,

I'm afraid TI can't burn the rescue media to DVD.

It seems somewhat wasteful to use a DVD for just 28MB of data. However, the thread Chutsman refers to, titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s):>, provides instructions on how to combine the rescue media plus the image file onto DVD(s). You can either use wdormanns original WinISO + special combined CDShell/CDW procedure in Post #1, my modified version in Post #26 that only uses WinISO + the latest version of BCDW or my UltraISO version in Post #171. All three procedures work with TI 8 or TI 9.

If you really are intent on wasting 4GB of usable space on the DVD then just omit the .tib image files from the DVD compilation :D.

Regards

4. PekunZip

PekunZip Registered Member

Yeayeayea, I know it's waste of disk space to use DVD. I have special reason to do that: my pc has both CD and DVD drive. Unfortunately my PC's bios does not recognize CD as a bootable drive. Only DVD drive is possible to configure as bootable drive. :doubt: (I wonder if there is workaround to solve this strange issue...)

Well, DVD disk is not so expensive that I wouldn't use it to resolve my bootable media problem.

But anyway thank's for the tip!

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Aha! All has become clear :).

Good luck if you try the workaround linked above and let us know how you got on.

Regards

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I have a floppy that I got from playing with Linux at one point. It boots and then gives a menu that lets you try to boot from any device. If your cd drive is on the menu it will work. This was created for systems that had trouble setting CMOS to boot from CD. I use it on an older system so I do not have to play with the CMOS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.