Creating Bootable Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tylerjson, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylerjson

tylerjson Registered Member

Hi, I am new to Acronis True Image software and I am trying to make a working bootable disk. Actually the first bootable disk I made does work, but I cannot see the network with it. Is there something I am supposed to do because I can't create or restore an image over the network?

My settings are correct, but whenever I click on "computers near me" I have no options, not the server or any other computers with shared folders. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tyler

EDIT: I searched for problems like this and I ran into the mbrautowrite_en.iso, what is that?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

mbautowrite... .iso is a CD image of a program that will restore a standard Windows MBR to a disk. Nothing to do with your current problem.

What version are you using? It's been a while since I used mine but have you set up the required network information if necessary?

Try putting the \\computername\sharename\filename in the filename box and see if that helps.

3. tylerjson

I am using 9.1.

I have tried typing in the path name manually too and it doesn't work and all the network settings are correct.

4. tylerjson

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot see my network with the bootable disk I created. Acronis tech support maybe??

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  5. tylerjson

bump...

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tylerjson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that when booted from removable media, RIS server or by Startup Recovery Manager, Acronis True Image may not detect the network. Such might be the case if there is no DHCP server in your network or your computer address was not identified automatically for some reason. To enable connection, specify network settings manually in the window, available at Tools -> Options -> Network adapters.

If the issue persists, please do the following?

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.