Creating Boot Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimshu1, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

Just an observation. In both v786 and v791, I cannot create a rescue CD from the main program menu, but can if I use the "Bootable Rescue Media Builder" shortcut created in my Start folder. Not a real problem, just an observation.

My system:

-ANTEC Sonata Black Case w/380w TruePower
    -ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE. Latest BIOS 1019
    -P4 / 3.0C GHZ SL6WK - Not OC'd
    -ALPHA PAL S-PAL8952T & 80mm SUNON case80HO FAN (exhausting)
    -Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400
    -ATI RADEON 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR 256 BIT
    -SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
    -MODEM BLASTER Model DI5633 v.92
    -2 x MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 80Gb HD's (non-RAID)
    -1 x MAXTOR DiamondMax D740X-6L PATA 40Gb HD
    -ASUS Model DVD-E616P2 DVD-ROM
    -NEC Model ND-3500A DVD+-RW
    -ASUS CRW-4816A CD-RW
    -19" Monitor: SAMSUNG 955DF / Model PG19JSBL
    -Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 w/all updates
    -LinkSys BEFSR41 v3 Cable/DSL Router and Cable Modem

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, jimshu1

Strange. I wonder what Acronis Support will make of it.

But I might be a work round for people with that problem, a great tip for others to try.

Thanks jimshu1 every bit helps somebody.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimshu1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please describe what happens when you try to create Acronis Bootable CD using the wizard in the Acronis True Image main screen?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. jimshu1

There isn't much to describe. I start the main program and click on "Create bootable rescue media". I select my CD-RW drive and get to the "Proceed" button and click on it. Up pops the following error message:

http://pages.sssnet.com/jimshu1/TrueImage.jpg

I shut the main program down and go to the Start menu shortcut "Bootable Rescue Media Builder", and it works.

Just another observation: this function absolutely doesn't like USB memory sticks installed when you're trying to burn a boot CD. At least not my Attache USB model. If it's plugged in, even the shortcut won't work.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. MailWasher must have nixed my notification of a post to this thread!

5. SlickBag

SlickBag Registered Member

I had the same problem. Acronis Tech Support was unable to fix the problem and the end solution was they sent me a link to a web site where I could download an ISO file of the rescue CD. o_O

SlickBag

6. Acronis Support

Hello jimshu1,

The situation is really strange because the shortcut on your desktop launches the same file as the wizard does.

Could you please do the following in two cases: when you launch Acronis True Image main screen and when you don't launch?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

Please indicate which file for which case is created and send both saved files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please try to create Acronis Bootable CD in Windows "Safe" mode (press F8 when Windows starts up ad choose "Safe" mode) and tell the results in the letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. jimshu1

I've sent an email, link, and files.

Thanks.

8. LarryG

LarryG Guest

I can not create a nootbale rescue CD using 7.0. I have alway got an error. I have a "NU DVDRW" and typically do not have trouble wrting CDs or DVDs. Is there another alternative to creating thiws CD?

9. Acronis Support

Hello LarryG,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try boot Windows in "Safe" mode (please press F8 key when Windows starts up and choose "Safe" mode) and create Acronis Bootable CD then. If it doesn't help please send the screenshot of the error to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.